So today was our first lacrosse game of the season. We didn't win like we wanted to and I was beating myself up over losing because I felt like I could have done more. I proceeded to take out my anger and my emotions on my friends and family. That lead to more emotional downhill spirals. Afterwards, I felt like a complete ass and honestly, I was one. It wasn't right, and it will never be right to take out your emotion on your peers or your family.
So why did I decide to write this and why does this matter? In all honesty, you can take this as a teenager complaining about his emotions and using his brand new blog as an outlet. Sure that's a fair point to it. I am just a teenager blowing off his feeling through a blog post. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to learn from it.
What does this blog post have anything to do with me? Everything. Everyone has their ups and their downs and no one is perfect. Take it from me, take it from anyone who has gone through this, it sucks to feel down. But the feeling afterwards of the people you've hurt with whatever you've said while you were mad, or sad, or frustrated, or just having that one shitty day will make you feel ten times worse. Or your just a sociopath who doesn't care about anyone else.
But all joking aside, take care of your emotions and your responses to those emotion. Don't hurt those who care about you because your day was bad. It's better to sit back and relax. Maybe pop on some of your favorite chill music. If you talk about it with someone then do it in a calm fashion. Don't just yell at your friends and family because you think it feels good. Because it will hurt a hell of a lot more afterwards.
My "Chill" Music
I'd like to thank my friend who gave me this idea to write something like this on my blog. The idea to write about "life" and "my thoughts." I won't name her because it's not my place to, but I'm hoping she reads this, and she knows that this post wouldn't have happened without her.
No comments:
Post a Comment